Monday, May 20, 2013

Ten Free Bible-Based Preschool Curricula


10 Free Bible-based Preschool Curricula | Teacher@Home

When searching for a free preschool curriculum online, I found several that I liked, but only one that really fit my kids and me. The most important factor (after the fact that it was free), was that it had to be Bible-based, and if it introduced the letters of the Alphabet as well, then that was a bonus, and less planning for me.


The following collection of ten Bible-based preschool curricula are similar only in that they introduce Bible stories and Bible concepts. In all other regards they differ greatly: some are highly prescriptive with detailed lesson plans, others are simply suggestions for activities and a basic outline.

Somewhere in here, I am sure, is a free Bible-based preschool curriculum that will suit your family. I've not gone into much detail for each, beyond very basic information, as I believe my opinion should count for little in your choices for your family. It is simply my desire to remove some of the leg-work, and present links to them all here in one place.

God Bless,

Teacher@Home











Featured at:
Kids in the Word at ThePelsers.com


Linking up with:

1


18 comments:

  1. The legwork is a big step! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday on Preschool Powol Packets--I love getting to know other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked long and hard before settling on God's Little Explorers...I had just about decided to do my own curriculum before I found it! Legwork is very time-consuming.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this resource and mentioning Encompass. Just wanted to let you know that a package option for preschool will be coming in July with additional resources for anyone interested! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Kathy! I used elements of Encompass in what we do every week. Let me know when the package is released and I'll update my post!

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Maybe I'm just so sleep deprived (teething 1 year old) and I'm just not understanding... but is God's Little Explorers free or do we have to pay for it? Because I thought it was free but when I go to the blog link at the top it says buy the preview for $14 so I'm very confused!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's Little Explorers is available either as free individual weekly downloads, or as a purchased single download. If you scroll down the page you will see links to the weekly blog posts where Stacie has each individual week's plan available to download for free. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing these. I'm always on the lookout for resources to use with my kids and these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, makes me wish I had young ones once again! I love that you make these known to other homeschool moms. Thanks for linking up with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very helpful...thank you for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for removing the legwork! I think my MOPS friends would love this! Join us for Family Fun Friday. Share your posts with 100+ bloggers and 400+ readers. If you have time, please link this at:
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/
    Thanks!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved Raising Rock Stars Preschool and have since moved on to Raising Rock Stars Kindergarten. My daughter has memorized all 26 verses and still knows them. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing & linking up! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I'm always happy to stumble across recommendations because researching from scratch takes so very long! Thank You! And thank you for linking this up with me last week at Walking Redeemed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great list! Pinned it! Thanks for sharing at Family Fun Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great resources!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing on TGIF! I hope you pop over and link up again today.

    Have a great weekend,
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to peruse this! I am about ready to start REAL preschool with my son who will be 4 in January. Free curriula is definitely a big plus for our very tight budget and the leg work you did here is fabulous. Thank you for linking this post up with me at A Little R & R Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete